||As Cisco strives to achieve business relevancy with our clients, the Customer Value Acceleration team is expanding to deliver impact to our clients by meeting their business imperatives through innovative, industry relevant solutions. Increasing expectations by tech savvy consumers is accelerating change in the Retail Vertical and Cisco’s Customer Value Acceleration team is expanding our industry team to meet this growing demand.
Reporting to the Consumer Products Executive Director for Cisco, the Vertical Lead’s responsibilities are to directly lead customer engagements leveraging the business value approach; plan and execute the go-to-market plan; and matrixed cross functional and partner resources to achieve short term and long term growth targets.
The Retail Vertical lead is responsible to identify, qualify, and lead consultative business value engagements with business executive sponsors in targeted customer accounts. The focus is leveraging the business value approach to identify customer business imperatives, defining how Cisco’s technologies, architectures, services and partners can be applied to create business value for the customer and Cisco. The Vertical Lead is accountable to lead the overall engagement through Opportunity Identification, Discovery, Proposal, Proof of Concept and hand off for implementation of the solution.
Additionally, this position will lead a matrixed vertical team consisting of CVA, cross functional and partner resource to achieve short term and long term growth targets.
As a key leader in the vertical team, the Vertical Lead is also accountable to plan and execute the specific geographic go-to-market industry plan under the direction of the Senior Executive Director. The individual works closely with other vertical resources within Cisco and with partners to ensure consistent engagement quality and accelerate closure of client engagement opportunities.
Essential job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Achieve growth targets by overseeing business value engagements of geography team, as well as overseeing the execution of go-to-market plan within the geography.
• Directly engage with key clients to build business relationships, uncover new business sales opportunities and lead business value engagements.
• Segment and prioritize accounts and opportunities.
• Ensure proper coverage model to support the targeted accounts.
• Influence and support enablement plan, such as contributing thought leadership to Communities of Interest; orchestrating relevant content for customer facing, field and partner use and other strategies included in the go-to-market vertical plan.
• Execute and accelerate partner strategy in conjunction with the Partner organization.
• Provides input and direction into solutions’ portfolio and priorities aligned to the top business imperatives.
• Participates in external vertical organizations, associations and marketing events to grow Cisco’s vertical relevance while creating new important executive relationships.
• Work collaboratively with other key vertical leaders across Cisco, including Corporate Marketing, Corporate Development, Services, Partners, and Field Marketing to create a “One Cisco” vertical
• Retail Experience – Must have experience working within the industry as well as have knowledge and expertise of business operations and processes within the industry; high visibility and contacts in industry, 7+ years
• Business Consulting Expertise – Must have a consultative solutions/business-value problem solving approach to work with C-Level and senior executive business leaders in the designated industry
• Demonstrated high level of sales achievement and track record of selling and retaining high profile clients. Prior record of successfully growing programs, services and market share with both existing and new customers.
• Prior experience working in competitive environments and competed successfully against strong market competition.
• Knowledgeable of the market and industry trends, market pressures, competition, and leading industry strategies.
• Strong leadership skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Create and communicate a compelling vision to senior business executives, with an ability to leverage logic, experience, facts, and passion to influence others.
• Ability to lead and inspire high performing teams of diverse backgrounds within Cisco and its Partners
• BA/BS degree is required. An advanced degree from a top tier university is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible, positive, and creative in a dynamic, fast paced and changing environment.
• Strong communication and listening skills, financial acumen, a thorough approach to complex problem solving, managing to metrics and KPIs, a thorough approach to the issues, decision-making ability and a high motivation towards setting and delivering “excellence”.
• High-energy, unparalleled people skills, out of the box thinker, leads by example, no task is too large or small, a doer as well as a leader, an educator.
• Ability to listen, establish relationships, gain consensus, rapidly establish credibility with and gain confidence of multiple areas across Cisco, Partners, the CVA team and direct reports.
• Must have vision, passion, humility and the courage to set a course that will engender the respect of the Cisco team, customers and the industry at large.
• Demonstrates reasoned and deliberate thought processes including marketing & messaging, sales planning, discipline in market segmentation and a strongly developed intuitive sense.