IT Storage Engineer – Trading House
OTE 60-75K+ TC – Circa 50-60K Basic Salary + Trading House Bonus
Location: WC London
A leading global trading house is looking to hire a SAN Engineer to manage, monitor, support and improve the SAN/Storage infrastructure estate. The SAN Engineer will cover the following areas including:
– EMC VMAX, VPLEX configuration and associated troubleshooting,
– EMC VNX including NAS implementation and snapshots etc
– Storage performance and capacity monitoring and planning
– Storage Projects and Solutions, including working with Design Authority in architecture planning and discussing new technology trends.
– Full service delivery lifecycle from Incident and Problem through to Change management and associated controls.
– Brocade SAN fabric switch configuration and monitoring, including zoning
– Support of other associated infrastructure technologies including server infrastructure, hardware and software configurations, HBA’s and Linux/Windows.
– EMC VMax, VNX & VPLEX administration, configuration, delivery and support
– Good appreciation of underlying infrastructure, including Windows/Linux/Servers
– Other desirables include: familiarity of storage tiering and advanced EMC features, Data Domains knowledge and Brocade SAN fabric configuration and monitoring.
Any experience within a similar role in a financial/trading house is highly desirable, as is business knowledge of trading and related processes because technology and the business and work in close alignment in order to optimise output. Whilst the technical storage knowledge is important, equally so is the engineer’s character and having an approachable, business facing personality where they enjoy collaboration, working in an expert systems team. The engineer will have the opportunity to get involved with planning and coordination of upgrades, advising on potential industry technological developments and overall optimisation of the SAN/Storage Infrastructure estate so this role is ideal for a Storage Engineer who wants to be involved in a full lifecycle role and get fantastic exposure across a global leading trading environment.
Per visualizzare l’annuncio completo clicca qui