The Amazon Mobile team is looking for a development manager to drive our development efforts into voice, vision and the new frontier of wearables.
Amazon Mobile is one of Amazon’s fastest growing new businesses. The mobile team builds world-class customer experiences in all Amazon locales. Focused on mobile commerce, the team supports mobile browser experiences across platforms and shopping applications (apps) on smartphone and mobile computing platforms including Android, iPhone, Kindle Fire, and iPad. Amazon’s experience in retail, technology, digital content, and mobile services provides a strong foundation for future development in this arena, and we’re moving aggressively to build new and innovative solutions for our customers.
Are you a hands-on leader that can make a huge impact on a dynamic, fast moving business? Are you equally comfortable digging into business requirements or visual designs as drilling into architecture and code with development teams? Do you have a passion for bringing the best mobile shopping experience to our customers? Are you comfortable working on multiple platforms such as iOS and Android? Then this is the position for you. Amazon Mobile needs a world class Software Development Manager to own and launch mobile retail applications on a variety of platforms.
This role requires working closely with product management and design to define strategy and requirements, and leading development teams from concept through delivery and subsequent operation. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and product strategy. Excellent listening, writing skills and very strong technical competency are essential.
The ideal candidate has experience through multiple complete product development cycles as well as ability to move fast and build prototypes, possesses superior analytical abilities, and product judgment. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. Key to success in this position is an equal passion for delivering new features as well as operating the current applications at the highest level of quality, ensuring that our customers have a world-class shopping experience on their mobile device.
Ideal candidates have experience leading medium (10+) sized development teams, defining projects and features, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets; as well as analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection with a rigorous approach to gathering and evaluating data and communicating results throughout the organization.
Knowledge of the following is required: programming (including Objective C, C++, Java, messaging protocols, and web services), build processes, project management, and release schedules. The ideal candidate will have 10 or more years of relevant work experience in internet-related program and/or technical product management in a software applications environment. A bachelor degree in computer science or a related discipline is required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 5+ years people management experience
· Experience with OOD and object oriented languages
· Deep hands-on technical expertise
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong business and technical vision
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and
· business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Per visualizzare l’annuncio completo clicca qui