The Director of Strategy and Governance is the principle architect responsible for developing and implementing the long term technology and systems architecture plan for FindLaw. At the strategic level, this role drives technology alignment with the business objectives. This individual needs to be able to understand where the business is headed and lead the required technology changes to meet these needs. At the tactical level, the Director of Strategy and Governance directs a group of architects and the incubation team as a technical expert in enterprise wide architecture. These duties include: Developing, implementing value add frameworks; mentoring both business and technical staff on technology direction and trends and driving new capabilities through technology innovation. Also included is accountable for the design/architect for all major systems, the evaluation and recommendation of technical solutions, and lead in the development of strategies to ensure the health of the technical environment at FindLaw.
The Director of Strategy and Governance will also be accountable for all aspects of technology including the high-level architectural designing, construction, reconstruction of applications and systems. This includes re-factoring, standardization, and modernization of technologies and reuse of techniques from one technology group to another. This role establishes the strategic technical direction for the enterprise and works within the technology group to ensure services are effectively used, applications use best practices and support has the knowledge, tools and processes to ensure the production environment stays healthy. Finally, this role is the promoter of the architectural vision, strategy, and principles across all the business departments within FindLaw, the technology groups, the rest of Thomson Reuters (Legal) and vendor partners.
FindLaw, a Thomson Reuters business, is the world’s leading provider of online legal information and Internet marketing solutions for law firms. FindLaw has grown significantly since its establishment in 1995, now employing more than 1,000 talented people with global operations in the United States, India and the United Kingdom.
FindLaw’s effective and innovative Internet marketing solutions include award-winning websites, custom video, online attorney profiles, social media solutions, search engine marketing and online advertising to help attorneys grow their business by connecting them with people who need their expertise. FindLaw also owns and operates FindLaw.com, the number one destination for consumers with legal needs with more than six million visits each month and home to the largest online legal directory of lawyers. As a trusted source, consumers turn to FindLaw.com to learn about a legal topic, solve a legal problem or find a lawyer.
FindLaw fosters a dynamic and customer-centric work culture that thrives on innovation and collaboration. With a distinct focus on attracting and retaining the best talent, the business strives to create an environment that encourages ongoing career development and learning opportunities for employees. As a result, FindLaw boasts the industry’s largest team of online experts, from content editors, Web designers, writers, engineers, SEO strategists to a national network of sales consultants who are committed to delivering excellence for its customers.
Key Responsibilities & Technologies
- Accountable for creating the short, medium and long term architecture vision for FindLaw
- Accountable for implementing a technical roadmap for both applications and technologies at FindLaw
- Drives the business relationship in the understanding of technology and how it is and will meet their business needs.
- Accountable for managing architecture change throughout the technology groups.
- Accountable for identifying and communicating risks to the architecture
- Accountable for initiation, promotion and adoption of value added frameworks, best practices, service and support model and proper adoption and inclusion of new technologies
- Accountable for enterprise solutions that will fit into long-term business objectives.
- Provides daily leadership and conducts annual performance reviews for the architects and innovation team. Prepares annual architectural & innovation teams budget
- Accountable for ensuring FindLaw has the right technical skills in the right positions and levels.
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Proven success in managing an architecture and innovation team especially in successfully driving broad knowledge of architects and new technology adoption by groups across an IT organization
- Able to present, influence and inspire at the senior levels of an organization
- Ability to design the broad architecture strategy and integrate specific elements of functional domain skills to drive innovative technical designs.
- Strong interpersonal skills supported by exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to successfully operate at the tactical level and speak to the same subject at a strategic level across the business and technical organization
- Ability to mentor other technical and non-technical leadership staff
- Robust analytical skills with the ability to synthesize business requirements into delivered technological capabilities to meet the business needs with the right technologies
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in computer science or mathematics preferred.
- 6-7+ years leading application development, support and/or service groups, plus 4+ leading an architecture practice, plus 2 or more years directly reporting to a CTO/CIO (preferred).
- Some of the above experience have had to lead groups across diverse geographically areas.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance – and their own.
Per maggiori informazioni cliccare QUI