Job Function: Sales Function
As an Information Management (IM) Solution SE, you will participate in the development of multi-year account plans for complex, strategic accounts, with an ability to act as the field engineering team lead on projects impacting the overall organization. You will also act as the customer’s primary point of contact for the entire sales lifecycle for the Symantec Information Management suite. As the point of contact, you will proactively develop technical relationships at all levels of the account, ranging from system administrators to senior executives. You will need to understand key business needs, assist in mapping those needs to Symantec solutions, and drive identified opportunities toward technical closure. IM Solution SEs also require significant industry knowledge and credibility within the competitive landscape, and must have the ability and confidence to influence customer decisions.
Your responsibilities include: helping to identify new opportunities; collaborating with sales peers to qualify opportunities; and, driving the technical close process on all Information Management solutions. Solution SEs must also coordinate with Marketing and Sales to ensure that Symantec initiatives are timely and appropriate for current end user and/or market demand. Additionally, the Solution SE is responsible for ensuring partner satisfaction regarding technical aspects of end-user, partner-led initiatives.
IM Solution SEs also act as project lead to ensure that the customer/partner’s specific product requirements are addressed in both current and future product development, and assist with building business cases for new opportunities.
IM Solution SEs are required to deliver Information Management-focused training to both Symantec and partner SEs. Additionally IM Solution SEs must have a deep understanding of, and an ability to apply, technical roadmaps to our customer’s mission critical applications.
• Articulate the overall Symantec Information Management value proposition, vision and strategy to customers and partners
• Map customer IT strategies to technical requirements and then to workable Symantec solution architectures
• Architect the solution through to implementation planning
• Collaboratively develop and articulate an end-to-end solution design, inclusive of consulting, support and education
• Provide focused leadership across technology area to drive initiatives with virtual teams in Area
• Translate customer business requirements into integrated technical solutions
• Explain to the customer the complete solution deployment lifecycle
• Identify and execute assessment-led selling opportunities
• Solution selling of all offerings within the Symantec Information Management Portfolio
• Perform essential sizing, tuning and configuration, and recommend solution best practices
• Provide customer with complete solution designs which may include 3rd-party products
• Articulate and document how Symantec solutions provide increased business value and improved technical capability when compared to our competitors.
• Assist in technically closing complex and competitive opportunities through advanced competitive knowledge, technical skills, and credibility
• Become recognized as a thought leader and source of advice for other functions
• Deliver product and technology briefings
• Train, mentor, and collaborate with Technical Sales Organization (TSO) peers both locally and across NA
• Function as the technical lead in the development of responses to RFIs and RFPs.
• Proactively engage and communicate with the Business Units, Marketing and Sales
• Employ industry-leading best practice and TSO methodology and tools
• Identify revenue-impacting support escalations and pro-actively engage with required parties (both internal and external) to ensure timely and satisfactory resolution
Qualifications • Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
• 8+ years of successful technical systems and sales engineering experience in the Information Management, Information Management consulting and/or data protection industry.
• Specific experience in assessing customers’ technical maturity against their defined goals and matching those assessments to solutions which meet or exceed client expectations
• In-depth knowledge of either Windows 2003/2008 or UNIX Operating Systems and be working toward attaining knowledge of the other.
• Direct hands-on experience with VERITAS information management products such as NetBackup, PureDisk, Backup Exec, and Symantec E-mail Archiving Solutions.
• Proficient System Administration skills in one or more of the following: High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Backup and Recovery concepts, NAS and SAN Certifications a plus.
• Experience with storage hardware configuration such as servers, storage array and tape drive libraries.
• Experience with clustering/replication technologies, disk and tape backup methodologies.
• Proficient System Administration skills in one or more of the following: High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Backup and Recovery concepts, clustering / replication technologies, server management, and Configuration management.
• Have the ability to handle project management responsibilities for implementation of company related solutions assigned by the manager.
• ITIL, VMware, and/or RedHat certifications a plus
• Must be recognized as a subject matter expert in the area of data protection and information management with the ability to architect end-to-end data protection strategies for customers.
• Collaborative spirit and excellent written/verbal communicator
• Superior time management and self-motivation skills
• Ability to present a professional appearance and demeanor.
• Ability to relate to a wide range of technical staff and managers in customer environments.
• Able to articulate how Symantec solutions integrate with [and enhance] customer’s existing 3rd party install base
Per visualizzare l’annuncio completo clicca qui