Aspect Software User Group, US-CA-Milpitas, $ 100.000+
Sr Principal Engineer QA
||Physical Work Location
||Years Relevant Experience
||8+ years of experience
|More information about this job:
|Aspect is a global software and IT services firm specializing in applying Microsoft unified communications and collaboration to help customers achieve optimal results through enhanced business processes across the enterprise and in the contact center. Aspect provides IT consulting, integration services and business applications. For more information, visit www.aspect.com. Follow Aspect on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/AspectUC.
|GENERAL SCOPE & SUMMARY
The Sr. Principal Engineer, QA or Technical Lead, QA works with other QA Engineers to determine test coverage and testing activities. Understands the test sets to which they are assigned testing responsibilities. Can represent the QA team in reviews of documentation and has an understanding of changes made to components they are assigned. Works with other QA Engineers to review test cases for completeness. Technical Leads may provide leadership and mentoring to other QA engineers. May automate new and existing test cases.
PRIMARY ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tests software products through the use of systematic procedures to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products.
- Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans.
- Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures.
- Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
- Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action.
- Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems.
- Provides feedback in preparation of technical appraisals of programming languages, systems, and computation software.
- Ensures quality computer integration into the overall functions of scientific computation, data acquisition, and processing.
- Responsible for participating in the evolution and execution of procedures for ensuring the quality of new features and releases of software.
- Isolates, reproduces and tracks bugs and verifies fixes.
- Authors and executes test plans for manual and/or automated tests
- Assists in the assessment and planning of test efforts required for new functions/features under development.
- Leads efforts of other QA Engineers in scheduling efforts.
- Assists and mentors other QA Engineers in creating test plans and test cases.
|SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrate competency in engineering tools, methods and processes.
- Proficient with databases such as SQL Server and Oracle Times Ten. SSIS/SSAS experience is a plus.
- Experienced at testing Historical and Real-Time data/analytics solutions. Experience with SAP Business Objects is a plus.
- Experienced with being able to perform queries, query analysis and management of SQL server through SQL Management application.
- Proficient with testing Enterprise Web Applications.
- Has experience working with SSL and High Availability
- Experience in the Telecommunications industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft and web related automation including .NET, C# a plus
- Experience with cloud computing a plus
- Experience with VMWare and HyperV a plus
- Experience with tools such as Quality Center, Team Foundation Server, ClearQuest etc (more is better).
- Exhibits a positive attitude with a willingness to learn new technologies
- Ability to communicate complex information to internal audiences.
- Professional demeanor to maintain and enhance relationships.
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills.
- Often performs where problems are unique and solutions broad.
- Works on complex problems of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires in depth evaluation of various factors which may be difficult to define.
- Works independently and/or partners with manager on department-wide plans.
- May lead teams and work on complex individual projects.
- Guides and instructs others.
- Provides leadership in key technical decisions and in the design specification of products.
- Develops project plans.
- Ability to regularly learn and apply new technologies in an accelerated manner.
- Demonstrates technical flexibility, and creativity in problem solving.
- 8+ years of experience.
- Four year degree in technical or engineering field. B.S. in Computer Science, Electronics, Mathematics or related discipline minimum.
- Ability to pass a background check may also be required.
- Physical requirements include sitting for long periods of time.
- Travel to customer sites on need basis.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
Per l’annuncio completo clicca qui.