Haymarket is the leading media provider for the events and meetings market, through its brands C&IT, Event and Virtual Venue Visit. Our titles cover major events in the consumer market, from companies such as BSkyB, Cadbury and Jaguar, and we look at incentive travel and meeting options from Hong Kong to Cape Town.
Our market-leading, multi-platform brands compromise two websites, two print magazines and six top industry forums, as well as awards schemes, a job site and an online venue site, Virtual Venue Visit..
Our clients and partners are the tourist boards, hotels, conference centres, event spaces and agencies serving this dynamic industry. We have one combined Event and C&IT commercial team, which provides tailored solutions to clients around the world, with particular emphasis on our online business.
Reporting to the Publishing Director, the Sales Director will work with the Publishing Director and Editor in Chief to grow our portfolio of products during this exciting and dynamic period of change for the industry. Not only is this a wonderful opportunity to be a sales leader, but it will also enable the successful candidate to learn the skills of product development in a fast-changing market.
What we need you to do
50% of your role is to lead from the front, to set the sales strategy with the Publishing Director, to sell solutions to our clients, and ensure your talented team can do the same.
You are the commercial face of C&IT and Event. 30% of your role is building, directing, and managing a high-performing sales team, ensuring they have the right skills, knowledge and sales support to win in a highly competitive market.
20% of your time will be working with the Publishing Director and Editor in Chief to set the strategy for the brands in this market, and lead the results of our market development process.
• Strong sales skills, particularly consultative selling combined with strong closing ability.
• Ability to manage a sales team of mixed experience, to produce elite performance
• A strong knowledge and record of achievement in digital advertising
• Experience of the events and meetings market
• A ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to spread energy throughout the team
• Able to implement sales and marketing plans
• Strong networking skills, both internally and externally, and able to build relationships and knowledge, and efficiently spread this knowledge through the team.
• Experience of working with editorial teams, and central teams to achieve outstanding results.
• Strong leadership skills, and able to implement tough decisions
There is some travel involved in this role both overseas and in the United Kingdom
Per visualizzare l’annuncio completo clicca qui