The Product Design team at Citrix is on a mission to create the next generation of our award-winning GoTo product family. It’s a tall order, and that’s why we want you.
Who are we? We’re a team of highly collaborative designers, researchers, illustrators, writers, musicians, gamers, chefs and engineers located all over the United States, the UK, and India. We’re passionate about our “simpler is better” design philosophy and we consider ourselves experts in interaction design, visual design, content design, research, information architecture and programming.
Why are we here? To create great user experiences for our users. At the end of the day, we’re committed to defining the gold standard for Citrix products.
Got talent, enthusiasm and vision? Looking for a fun, thriving startup environment at the heart of the cloud revolution? Join the Citrix Product Design team!
Here’s what you’ll be doing if you join our team…
Qualifications and Requirements
In-depth Product/Domain Knowledge
- Demonstrates significant experience and deep understanding of a product and its users.
- Identifies, addresses and solves complex user interface and information design challenges.
- Collaborates closely with user researchers and contributes to research strategy.
- Advocates the role of design in the development process.
- Manages and develops concepts from project inception through launch.
- Produces wireframes, site architecture, screen layouts, and interactive prototypes.
- Establishes interaction guidelines and standards.
- Understands business goals in regards to the product area.
- Works to broaden product and domain expertise.
Collaboration and Leveraging the Knowledge of Others
- Shows the ability to work well with others.
- Takes ownership of the design and works closely and effectively both with the broader PD team and the Product Management, Marketing and Engineering leaders.
- Receives, weighs, and integrates diverse feedback from a multi-disciplinary team.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-moving environment, juggle multiple projects, and prioritize work.
Strong Presentation and Communication Skills
- Must present and communicate their design work to both Product Design team members and outside audiences.
- Presents designs in a clear, confident, professional, and cogent manner to diverse audiences.
- Able to explain rationale for design decisions within a larger context.
- Regularly communicates project status and shares design iterations.
- Understands the mission and goals of UX and is able to communicate this to product teams.
And here’s what we’re looking for…
- Online portfolio with a range of interactive samples
- Experience in defining and prototyping end-to-end user experiences, including user work flows, layouts, design of specific UI screens and components
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Ability to influence others on the importance of good design
- Attention to detail and information architecture
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, Visual Arts, Graphic Design or related field or equivalent
- 5+ years experience designing complex products