Headquartered in Alviso, CA, Minerva is a privately owned company developing broadband television software solutions for the telecommunication, cable, satellite and enterprise markets.
Play an integral role in the development and delivery of innovative applications and services for the IPTV industry. The successful candidate will lead Minerva’s EDGE Engineering Team developing Minerva EDGE server technology SOA(Service Oriented Architecure) platform that allows the Minerva solution to scale to millions of subscribers and provides a platform to extend services to the edge of the network.
Working in concert with the Engineering leadership team and Product Management, the Engineering Manager will be responsible for designing, planning, and coordinating the Edge Engineering Team development work through the complete product development lifecycle. The candidate must be an experienced engineering manager and software engineer who hassuccessfully developed and delivered carrier-grade software through rapid application development methods on time and within budget.
- Lead and direct technical activities, identify risks and dependencies.
- Responsible for the design, development and maintenance of one or more software products.
- Provide technical leadership and support to team members. Participate in development effort.
- Ensure documentation of designs, code reviews and other best practices to the highest standards.
- Interface with other engineering teams (local and off-shore) and external technology partners.
- Engage with other members of the organization to ensure integrity of the system architecture.
- Work with Project Management to implement and refine necessary processes and features.
- Strong technical leadership experience with a team of 4 -10 engineers
- Experience handling team members on a large number of concurrent projects with competing priorities.
- Successfully achieve project objectives, while adhering to project scope, quality, time, and budget.
- Experience interfacing with multiple geographically distributed teams and partners.
- Strong knowledge of the C/C++language and Linux operating systems in a performance critical area
- Experience developing service oriented applications in a distributed environment
- Experience with multi-threading programming and thread synchronization.
- Strong Knowledge of networking protocols(TCP/IP, HTTP, CDN), caching and sockets is highly desirable.
- Experience working with digital media, video processing, IPTV is desirable
- Understanding of video streaming and EPG, VOD Meta Data desirable.
- Experience working with video servers and conditional accesses systems is highly desired.
- Proven record developing carrier-grade software for telecommunications market preferred
- Experience with ZeroICE or other distributed development frameworks a plau.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Can build relationships, develop consensus among team members and key stakeholders, and influence behavior.Experience establishing and promoting best practices.
- Demonstrate an ability to motivate and lead others, and a high level of commitment to projects even during difficult or uncertain times.
- Work to resolve ambiguity and remove roadblocks to keep team members moving forward.
- Solid computer science fundamentals, with an understanding of how to design and implement software in a resource constrained environment.
- Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance.
- Fast learner, solid problem solver with great testing and debugging skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- A high level of customer satisfaction, which exceeds standard levels of performance.
- 2-5 years of experience as an Engineering Manager.
- 7+ years of development experience, preferably with embedded applications and systems.
- BSCS, MSCS, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the complete product lifecycle, from conception through delivery.
- Experience with agile software methodologies is a plus.
Minerva Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, nation origin, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.
If you are interested in submitting your resume for this position, please email it to email@example.com and reference the Job Title in the subject line.
per l’annuncio completo clicca qui.