|Job Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
Splunk Cloud is a cloud-based offering of our core Splunk product. This position is an opportunity to join the team that is responsible for Splunk Cloud’s operational infrastructure and delivery. Amazon’s EC2 and EBS is the platform and this candidate should have experience with managing deployments, right-sizing servers and storage for performance, and providing muti-site HA strategies at Amazon. This is an incredible opportunity to use your existing cloud experience and drive the growth of our cloud offerings here at Splunk!
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Manage Amazon server/storage deployments including release process, image management, backup/restore, HA/DR
- Manage monitoring environment using Splunk, Zabbix, Pingdom, and PagerDuty
- Monitor system stability and performance and ensure system availability, reliability, and usability
- Perform end-to-end administration of virtual Amazon infrastructure, focusing on Linux based systems
- Troubleshoot complex problems, resolve operational issues, and interact with vendors
- Perform Amazon instance maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes, vulnerabilities, and security configuration
- Work with Opscode Chef, Ansible and other software for automated deployment capability, along with Github source code management
- Ensure using Amazon best practices for Cloud Applications
- Participate in 24×7 support rotation schedule
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 1+ years experience as a system administrator
- 1 + years experience with virtualization technologies
- Experience running production systems at Amazon
- Knowledge of Amazon EC2 including machine image management, storage
- Understanding of Amazon EC2 regional center, availability zones, and HA strategies
- Experience supporting customer facing muti-tenant infrastructure (SaaS) or similar cloud related services
- Experience with Python, and open source based systems
- 1+ years experience deploying, managing, and supporting Linux Systems
- 1+ years supporting enterprise computing platforms and systems
- Must be detail oriented, task driven, and have excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in high pressure, highly flexible environment against both short and long term requirements
- Passionate about technology and solving IT operations-focused problems
- Ability to work effectively with staff, peers, and others in and outside the organization to accomplish goals, objectives and to identify and resolve problems
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor Degree or comparable work experience