Job Function Development Function
Responsibilities • Taking a lead development role, influence the overall vision and direction and provide valuable technical input into Symantec’s ‘new’ cloud based malware Analysis Service, Cynic
• Completing all tasks as defined and prioritised in any plan or sprint, ensuring all code is written, tested and integrated with the rest of the project code base and version control system
• Participating in the definition of engineering backlogs, providing specific estimates and justification for own areas of work
• Writing, monitoring and revising all installation, rollback, configuration and support documentation and ensuring that this is up to date at all times
• Provide post release support in all instances, including training where necessary to internal customers and more junior members of the team
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in a computer related subject and have experience in a software development role. Or have proven experience in an IT/programming role.
• Excellent core Java object orientated development experience
• Needs to be passionate about Security
• A good understanding of HDFS, Apache HBase
• Experience with Linux and Windows based development environments.
• Experience of developing zero-downtime internet-scale system
• Experience of development upon Openstack a real advantage
• Experience of working in a quality-driven engineering process
• Experience of collaboration within a fast paced team.
• Proven ability to work under pressure, independently and as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills
• Commercial object orientated C++ development experience
• Experience of working within an Agile development methodology; Scrum, Continuous Integration, self-organising teams,
• Experience of working within an internet security or service delivery environment
• Ability to demonstrate knowledge of malicious code including exploit code, buffer overflows, Trojans, Viruses, etc a distinct advantage
• Experience of working with large data sets.
• Experience of building web based GUI’s.
• Technology experience:
o Unit Test experience (JUnit, TestNG)
• A Scripting Language (Perl, POSIX etc.)
Per visualizzare l’annuncio completo clicca qui