VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2013 revenues of $5.21 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 55,000 partners, and 14,000+ employees in 50+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what’s next in IT? Learn more at vmware.com/careers.
Job Title: Sr. Manager, Global Customer Strategy and Business Ops.
Reports to: Sr Director, Global Customer Strategy and Business Operations
The Cross-Sell/Up-Sell program is designed to engage VMware customer on incremental license sales at the time of renewal by driving incremental business through channel sales incentives, new sales collaboration models and new processes and system capabilities.
Cross-sell/Up-sell program adds strategic value to the support renewal event by providing customer-centric analytics, tools, sales engagement model and an expanded use of VMware’s global renewals sales team to drive additional new license business in partnership with our channel partners in the SMB/GB market segment. The program impacts Customers, Partners, Inside Sales Reps, Partner Business Managers, Renewals Reps and our Sales Operations teams.
As Program lead of Cross-Sell/Up-Sell program, the ideal candidate’s responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Drive collaboration between Business units, license sales, renewal sales and channels on Cross-sell/Up-sell opportunities.
- Manage impacts on multiple business processes and systems that enable collaboration between license sales, renewal sales and channels
- Manage lead distribution and opportunity management that affect cross-sell/up-sell program
- Drive alignment of sale, renewal, ordering and revenue processes
- Drive closed loop measurement through business intelligence and predictive analytics
- Lead the Governance model to ensure Strategic direction and alignment for all groups (BU, Marketing and Sales) with-in VMware for Xsell/Upsell initiative
- Measure success of this program and report back to all functions to modify current and add new solution plays
Functional Experience: BS/BA Required. Masters or MBA degree preferred. Minimum of 10+ years of sales strategy/operations/execution and PMO experience including:
- Sales/Partner Operations Experience: Understands/experienced with running sales/partner operations in a B2B context including challenges and opportunities associated with account coverage, order management, discount management, ELA processing, etc.
- Sales Transformation Experience: Understands the issues and opportunities associated with transforming a sales organization. Experience in program managing a complex program changes, managing transformations, and change efforts
- Systems Implementation Experience: Business planning, architecture, requirements, user experience and design for enablement of end-to-end processes that touch cross-sell/up-sell or similar platforms.
- Strategic Thinking & Analytic Problem Solving: Ability to break down complex problems in a simplified way, creativity of ideas, innovation: develop and run analytical models to test out and refine the various strategies we may be considering
- Project and Program Management: Experience in estimation, planning, design, and implementation of business efforts at software companies. Effective in influencing and making high quality decisions and taking decisive action
- Business Leadership: Strong, team-oriented leadership skills. Able to frame and confront issues and make tough decisions. Self-directed with strong initiative
- Communications: Exceptionally strong communicator equally adept at communications strategy and execution, with the ability to craft a full range of clear, high-impact communications. Ability to communicate in an open and authentic manner in all situations
- Process Improvement: Ability to analyze poorly defined areas and processes within a cross-functional organization. Effective in implementing new and improved processes
- Influence and Interpersonal Skills: Able to establish and build close working relationships. Strong personal credibility and counseling skills. Able to creatively drive alignment.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
Posting Title: Senior Manager, Global Customer Strategy and Business Operations
Advertised Location (Select only ONE location): Palo Alto, CA, US
Is this a remote or multiple location position?: No
Requisition Number: 54036BR
Advertised Group (Place a checkmark to select multiple groups): N/A
Per l’annuncio completo clicca qui.