What happens when you combine technology with travel? Sabre! Did you know that cutting-edge technology is used at Sabre by more than 1 billion people around the globe? Did you know that Sabre processes approximately 85,000 transactions per second for the largest industry in the world – travel and tourism? Now, that we have your attention, Sabre is an innovative technology company that leads the travel industry by helping our customers (and employees) succeed. We are looking for forward-thinking, creative people who take ownership of results and make things happen. If this sounds like you, consider joining our team.
The VP Procurement – will report to the CFO and is based in Southlake, TX. The fundamental challenge of the role is change management –
transforming a historically operational procurement function into a value generating commercial partner to the business.
• Functional Leadership. Provide overall leadership to the sourcing and procurement function, with responsibility for: strategy development and implementation; operating plans and budgets; value generation initiatives; policies, procedures, and systems; recruiting, staffing, and leadership development; and, reporting/communications with business units and senior management. Work with the senior leadership to create a strategic procurement culture in the entire organization.
• Strategic Sourcing. Prioritize and execute an evolving portfolio of strategic sourcing and category management initiatives to drive savings, create value, and support the objectives of the organization. Will work with business leaders to develop an organization with a comprehensive approach to sourcing and spend management. Assess external market trends and conditions to identify opportunities and risks in managed spend categories. Structure analysis of spend to enable informed decision-making and drive discussions with key stakeholders. Ensure sourcing efforts leverage market intelligence, should-cost modeling, TCO analysis, and modern negotiation methods, e.g., eSourcing.
• Contract Management. Create / Negotiate contracts reflecting the results of sourcing initiatives. Manage market and supply risks with appropriate legal terms and conditions. Manage the contract approval and exception processes. Educate end users about new contracts; track and ensure compliance with approved contracts. In collaboration with the Legal function, develop and maintain template master service agreements and standard terms and conditions for common and/or critical contracting situations.
• Supplier Management. Establish world-class supplier relationship management practices. Build policies and procedures for reviewing supplier performance against contracted obligations/service levels and business expectations. Ensure sourcing teams anticipate and minimize performance issues via creation, monitoring, and reporting of key performance indicators (KPIs). When performance issues emerge, identify root causes and drive to efficient resolution by working across both internal and external stakeholders.
• Procurement Operations. Provide partnership and guidance to the Company’s procurement services partner. Review and update P2P policies and procedures; ensure corporate compliance with the same. Ensure ERP system data integrity through appropriate internal controls such as vendor- and material masters. Ensure compliance to the laws, regulations, and ethical standards set by the Company and government authorities. Drive the utilization of eProcurement tools as appropriate
• Reporting & Intelligence. Provide regular intelligence to stakeholders regarding the Company’s evolving spend profile, savings results, and risk mitigation activities. Leverage interactions with external marketplace to provide insights to BU stakeholders regarding pricing, vendor-, and technology trends. Leverage business intelligence to assist the business in planning for key strategic decisions, e.g., new product economics or anticipated capital projects.
The ideal candidate will possess: (1) significant experience leading strategic sourcing and procurement operations, preferably in a financial services or related environment; (2) demonstrated success leading an organizational transformation involving the integration of people, processes, systems, and suppliers; (3) a proven track record of delivering distinctive commercial results across indirect spend categories, especially in IT professional services, outsourcing services, software, hardware, and telecom.
• 15+ years of strategic sourcing and supplier relations experience and 7+ years leading strategic sourcing and procurement operations teams
• Excellent category-specific sourcing and category management skills in a variety of spend areas, particularly IT Hardware, Software, and Outsourced Services, Professional Services, Travel, HR, and Marketing.
• A natural change agent possessing the strategic and analytic skills needed to drive organizational transformation; communicates openly and builds consensus with stakeholders.
• Comprehensive experience formulating and executing corporate and business unit strategies. Experience in budgeting and leading annual business planning processes.
• Demonstrated ability to recruit, retain, manage, and develop top talent within the supply chain profession; a natural mentor.
• Expert understanding of purchasing policies, procedures, practices, and the value and use of ERP systems.
• Track record of year-over-year delivery of distinctive value from strategic supply chain activities.
• Expert understanding of multi-step strategic sourcing processes and strategies.
• Demonstrated excellence in managing internal customers; skilled at institutionalizing stakeholder communications for input and alignment; well-honed “radar” for stakeholder management.
• Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences.
• Excellent negotiation skills up to the executive level and understanding of contractual negotiation, development, and law
• Extensive knowledge of risk-management strategies. Expert level financial, quantitative, and analytical skills.
At Sabre, we achieve success by building extraordinary teams with exceptional people – that means finding the best and brightest to join Sabre. Does that sound like you? Sabre offers a diverse and comprehensive technology solutions portfolio that helps power our customers within the travel industry. These technologies include Cloud Computing, Software (SaaS), Big Data / BI, Mobility, UX / UI and Transactional Processing. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, we have approximately 10,000 employees in 60 countries. As a global company, we have won numerous awards for being a top employer and corporate citizen, and offer many opportunities for career growth and personal development. To learn more about the people at Sabre and the culture, follow us on Twitter and Facebook and on LinkedIn.