Rock stars wanted.
It’s an exciting time in the digital media and entertainment industry: as industries converge, new business models disrupt incumbents. Emerging technologies have a profound influence on the human experience, creating new connections among people, products, and markets around the world. These factors have all come together to revolutionize how the industry delivers video experiences via digital channels.
Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) is at the center of this revolution. We provide leading and innovative products and services for publishing, distributing and monetizing video across PCs, smartphones, tablets and connected devices to more than 6,300 customers in over 70 countries.
For this role, we’re looking for a smart, talented and experienced solution architect to join Brightcove Digital, Brightcove’s digital media and consulting services team. Our team draws from deep digital media expertise to address complex issues that go beyond our standard set of products and that span business, technology and end-user experience considerations. We offer services that include strategy; experience and software design; development and integration; customer success; and media operations.
You’ll have the chance to work with some of the world’s largest media companies and brands, including MTV, Nickelodeon, Red Bull, Boeing, Sony, NBC Universal, AMC, Discovery, Time, Al Jazeera, Yahoo!7, Universal Music Group, GE, Fox and Showtime. You’ll have the chance to make a meaningful impact on our clients’ business; to build a great organization; and to work on leading edge technologies.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a smart, talented and experienced Sr. Solutions Architect with a strong background in, and passion for, digital video and the media and entertainment industry.
You will play a central leadership role in designing, architecting and building video centric applications and services for modern platforms and devices. You will also work closely and collaboratively with internal stakeholders, media clients and partners to uncover client needs; define opportunities and problems; advise clients; scope and author technical proposals; and lead and contribute to innovation initiatives.
Our projects usually involve products and services offered by Brightcove and those within our ecosystem such as OTT services; apps for web, mobile, smart TVs, game consoles and STBs; content distribution/syndication; monetization via advertising, paywalls and other models; DRM; analytics; social; transcoding; subscriber management; and other content management systems.
- Designing and owning the technical vision, strategy, approach, architecture, roadmap and other related deliverables. Technical focus areas include but are not limited to:
- Web Portal design and development
- Player design and development
- iOS and/or Android native app design and development
- Game console, STB and smartTV app design and development
- Workflow and asset management solutions
- Integrated architectures and solutions for broadcasters and OTT providers (e.g., integration with billing, subscriber management, product management, e-commerce, content enrichment).
- Ads and Analytics design and development
- Ingestion and transcoding
- Sharing responsibility with Designers, Business Analysts, Testers and Project/Program Managers for the success of large projects and programs with multiple tech team members
- Being an expert on our products and services
- Sales and Account Management
- Working closely with Sales/Account Management to build and maintain trusted client relationships
- Truly consulting with clients rather than doing what’s being asked by uncovering unmet needs of clients and end users and defining opportunities and real requirements
- Assisting with setting and managing stakeholder expectations and commitments
- Scoping and estimating work streams, activities, schedule and effort
- Authoring content for approach notes, proposals and SOWs
- Being a change leader within Brightcove and help to bring the company to the next stage.
- Growing, leading, coaching and mentoring staff
- Leading, learning, and helping us to build a great organization
- Practice Development
- Creating and publishing thought leadership
- Contributing to our product and service strategy and portfolio with your insights on market needs
- Lead product and service innovation initiatives
- Contributing strategic value to clients and Brightcove beyond day-to-day activities by working across functions and competencies and providing strategic guidance and advice
- Minimum 8 years of deep digital media industry experience – preferably from industry, consultancies, interactive agencies or systems integrators – as a technical lead, technical architect, and/or solutions architect, responsible for large scale application design and architecture involving cloud-based software (SaaS) and platform (PaaS) services
- Large scale digital transformation solutions and complex software development using HTML5, native apps, agile methodologies and global delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate solutions to complex business problems
- Ability to speak “business, technology and design”
- Deep industry and domain expertise including the following:
- Online video and content including streaming technologies, encoding formats, delivery protocols, advertising, analytics, paywalls, live, VOD, CDNs, DRM, and CRM
- Media and entertainment industry technology strategy, emerging trends and solutions around topics such as multi-screen delivery, search/recommendation, social, closed captions, monetization, syndication/distribution, TVE, other video experiences (Hulu, HBO, ESPN, Netflix), OTT, and traditional business model disruption
- Modern Web, cloud and mobile technologies, front and back-end (e.g., AWS, LAMP stack, node.js, Java, messaging protocols, HTML/CSS/JS, Objective C)
- Mobile and emerging platforms including iOS, Android, Xbox, Win8, game consoles, STBs, smart TVs and other connected devices
- Complex software development, digital transformation, agile methodologies and global delivery.
- Strong foundation in computer science, including competencies in data structures, algorithms, concurrency control, object-oriented software design patterns and software optimized for embedded systems (i.e., storage and latency optimization)
- General personal and leadership qualities
- Mental agility by marrying strategy and execution and by applying creative and analytical thinking. Ability to quickly simplify complex problems and situations, to easily handle context switching, to make good judgments on priorities, and to think conceptually and strategically as well as tactically
- Ability to quickly master new concepts and technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills, presence and ability to influence
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to do what it takes to get the job done, including doing the work, not just directing it
- Strong collaboration and client service orientation with all levels and functions
- Track record of leadership, coaching and mentoring abilities
- Proven ability to manage assignments to successful completion, multi-task, and work within tight deadlines
- Maintaining a sense of humor, versatility, flexibility and not losing sight of the big picture while dealing with high pressure environments
- Sound business acumen; strategic skills; common sense
Boston preferred; NYC considered. The Boston office is located in Brightcove’s headquarters building in Boston’s Innovation District – one block from South Station and overlooking the Fort Point Channel. Our New York office is located in the Flatiron District. We maintain a fun, casual and friendly environment in all offices. Nerf guns, anyone?
WILL YOU NEED TO TRAVEL?
Yes. Our clients and offices are located all over the world, usually in cities with a large media industry. It’s a people business, and nothing beats face time with clients or co-workers. That said, our development work occurs primarily from our offices rather than on client premises, and we value work-life balance as long as the job gets done. Plan for variable travel needs, generally between 25% and 50%, as well as the need to maintain flexibility.
Per l’annuncio completo clicca qui.