Adobe believes in hiring the very best. We are known for our vibrant, dynamic and rewarding workplace where personal and professional fulfillment and company success go hand in hand. We take pride in creating exceptional work experiences, encouraging innovation and being involved with our employees, customers and communities. We invite you to discover what makes Adobe a place where you can do and be your best.
As the Security Architect, you will be located in San Jose and lead the creation and evolution of the security architecture function for all of IT. You will also be responsible for working with the other architects and security teams across Adobe to collectively provide overall guidance and definition of Adobe’s enterprise architecture to effectively support the corporate business strategy. You will be working with business customers, IT management, infrastructure teams, development teams, project managers and other security teams to shape the vision, structure, standards and plan for IT solutions that support Adobe’s strategic business direction.
- Lead the creation and evolution of the security architecture function/program.
- Work collaboratively with counterparts across Adobe to affect implementation of the vision and to secure successful adoption of new processes.
- Research, analyze, design, propose and support the delivery of solutions that are appropriate for the business and security strategies. Understand, advocate and support IT’s enterprise strategies. Act as visionary to proactively assist in the direction for future strategies.
- Appropriately balance pursuit of business, information, technical and solution architectures
- Lead the identification and analysis of enterprise business drivers to develop architecture requirements.
- Analyze technology, industry and market trends and determine potential impact on IT security.
- Participate in the development and ongoing management of enterprise architecture governance structure based on business and IT strategies.
- Act as a sounding board and consultant to IT and business leaders in the development of IT security solutions
- Promote the enterprise architecture process, outcomes and results to the organization, including the enterprise’s IT and business leaders.
- Lead and facilitate the creation of governing principles to guide security architecture decision making.
- Lead the development of an implementation plan for the security architecture based on business requirements and IT strategies.
- Ensure that the optimal governance structure and compliance activities (such as handling waivers) are associated with security architecture compliance.
- Drive security architecture implementation and ongoing refinement activities.
- Drive the evaluation and selection of security architecture standards in conjunction with IT’s business partners.
- Consult with project teams to fit projects to security architecture, as well as to identify when it is necessary to modify the security architecture to accommodate project needs.
- Identify organizational requirements for the resources, structures and cultural changes necessary to support the security architecture.
- Ensure the documentation of all architecture design and analysis work.
- Lead the development and execution of a communication and education plan for the security architecture.
- Strong enterprise security background with 5+ years’ experience in managing security architecture standards, processes and solutions
- Regularly interact with senior management or executive levels
- Able to develop and maintain strong relationships with both internal and external customers
- Able to change the thinking of or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations
- Excellent work standards and highly motivated
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills (interpersonal and client-facing)
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience, advanced degree preferred
- Limited travel
- Exceptional analytical and technology skills, with grounding in architecture design concepts and best practices.
- Recognized as an industry expert
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, ability to “win people over” and be a team player.
- Strong ability to communicate, influence and coach across business and IT executives and stakeholders and to ‘sell’ solutions
- Highly supportive of the business and of its ideals and strategies.
- Neutral toward technology, vendor and product choices; more interested in results than in personal preferences.
- Unflappable in the face of opposition to architectural ideals.
- Skilled at operating in a matrix environment
- Strong knowledge of all components of holistic security architecture
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Strong ability to work collaboratively and build consensus and manage across the organization
- Superior customer-facing attributes both internally and externally
- Ability to balance the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term implications of individual decisions
- Ability to translate business needs into security architecture requirements
- Ability to scale with the business as it grows
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of security architecture alternatives
- Ability to apply multiple solutions to business problems
- Ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
Adobe has been a pioneer and innovator throughout its history and is recognized as one of the Top 100 Best Global Brands according to Interbrand. Adobe’s dynamic working environment is also well known and has received awards throughout the globe. Recognizing that employees are at the core of our success, Adobe recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creates an environment where they can innovate and achieve their best, and rewards them for their performance by giving them an opportunity to share in the company’s success.
Build careers that change the world. Check out the Adobe Life magazine and discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences at Adobe.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.
About Adobe United States
Adobe has over 5,900 employees in the U.S. and is headquartered in San Jose, California, with other office locations nationwide.